Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Advanced Social Worker - MHAIDS
As our Advanced Social Worker you will provide safe and clinically effective patient/client assessment and intervention with demonstration of advanced knowledge and skills to manage complex presentations. This role will also have responsibility for providing clinical leadership within the team or service which assists in developing the clinical capability of others.
This role sits within Mental Health Needs Assessment Service Coordination, part of the Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service. You will report operationally to the Team Leader and will be professionally accountable to the Professional Leader for Social Work (Mental Health).
- Provide comprehensive assessments and plan support collaboratively with the client and their whānau, clinical provider and Non-Government Organisation (NGO) services.
- Be actively involved in assessment and recovery planning with clients.
- Role model and provide sound clinical and cultural considerations in the multidisciplinary team process.
- Assist the client and his/her family/whānau to achieve optimal health, well-being and safety through provision of appropriate assessment, rehabilitation and education.
- Work closely with community agencies to achieve the outcomes agreed by the multidisciplinary team process.
- Participate in, and contribute to, professional development activities in social work.
- NZ Registered Social Worker with current annual practicing certificate.
- Advanced knowledge of mental health conditions, physical health conditions, resources available and how best to allocate them to support a recovery plan.
- Advanced knowledge of how systems work, and being able to facilitate positive outcomes within systems where there may be differing viewpoints from clinical inpatient, outpatient teams, and NGO providers.
- High level of autonomy required to represent MHNASC at Complex Case Reviews and offer professional suggestions in the present moment.
- At least 5 years’ experience.
- Advanced knowledge relevant to NASC (desirable).
- Current NZ driver licence.
Job no: AHMH59-19
Location: Hutt Valley, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Closing Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2019