Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Alcohol & Drug/Co-exisitng Clinician - Youth Forensic
The primary purpose of this role is to provide initial AOD assessments to clients in the court setting, to provide the Judge with a summary of the findings along with appropriate recommendations and to liaison with other AOD services for the purpose of referrals when required.
- To provide initial assessment for clients in the court setting
- To maintain ethical standards of practice
- To liaise with other Alcohol and Drug Treatment Agencies, General Practitioners, Mental Health and community based organisations to co-ordinate the delivery of service to clients
- Meeting the required clinical supervision standards of CCDHB
- Effectively and consistently manages at-risk behaviour
- Has good knowledge of relevant legislation and contracts
- Answering requests for information re assessment and/or treatment from General Practitioners/Health Professionals/Community Agencies
- Meeting relevant standards of practice and working in a lawful, safe and effective way
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in alcohol and drug counselling in a health setting
- Ability to complete a full comprehensive AOD assessment
- NZ recognised health professional qualification and registration, eg Social Worker, Nurse, or Coexisting Practitioner Or Registered member of DAPAANZ (Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa NZ)
- Current driver’s license
- Interested in and committed to improving the health and well-being, and future prospects of people affected by alcohol and other drug use
- Participation into service development
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email Maria.Campbell@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: AHMH60-18
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Closing Date: Monday, 21 January 2019