Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Care Manager - SCMHT
Our multidisciplinary South Community Mental Health team, part of the Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service, provide support and education to adults experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have a full time and a part time position for a NZ registered Social Worker or Occupational Therapist. You will be an enthusiastic clinician who has a passion for working with adults with complex mental health needs. You must be able to work autonomously as well as contribute to the multi-disciplinary team. Along with a good sense of humour and flexibility, you will require excellent communication and organisational skills as they are an essential part of the day to day work. For this role we are looking for a clinician, looking to continue their professional development whilst working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Mental health assessment and planning (including risk assessment)
- Care management of a diverse caseload
- Participation in the MDT
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to work autonomously as well as contribute to the MDT
- Creative, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Application of best practice models of care
- A willingness to learn and develop your clinical practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and skilled in developing relationships with a variety of other professionals
- Current registration with the relevant New Zealand body - occupational therapy board, social work registration board
- You will have 2+ years’ experience providing comprehensive assessments and risk management plans, formulating and articulating treatment needs and plans, and be able to coordinate and prioritise treatment needs
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 5,100 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Penelope.Flaws@ccdhb.org.nz
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: AHMH37-19
Location: Wellington Community
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 June 2019