Clinical Coordinator - ID Services
Intellectual Disability (ID) Forensic Services is part of the 3 DHB Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service Directorate. It has adult, youth and community services.
This vacancy is in Hikitia Te Wairua which is the national intellectual disability secure forensic youth unit with 6 beds. Hikitia Te Wairua is co-located with the Youth Acute Inpatient Mental Health Inpatient Unit (Rangatahi) and the National Secure Youth Forensic Unit in the Centre of Excellence at Kenepuru Hospital. This is a progressive service committed to providing a culture of ongoing professional development for staff through regular clinical supervision, excellent professional development and recognition programme (PDRP)
The purpose of the Clinical Coordinator role is to manage the day to day running of the Hikitia unit under the guidance of the Team Leader. You will provide support to the Team Leader in regards to staff rosters, leave and resource management.
- Experience in coordinating a team of clinicians and administration staff.
- Experience in negotiation and networking across several disciplines.
- Experience in taking ownership accountability and responsibility for the role.
- Experience in anticipating, identifying, resolving clinical and administrative/management problems to the desired goals.
- Experience in managing change.
- Experience in coordinating quality systems, and
- Knowledge of intellectual disability is an advantage.
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes and use of two low-cost holiday homes.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email: Trish.Davis@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: AHMH2-18
Location: Porirua Community
Closing Date: Thursday, 15 March 2018