Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Psychologist - Addiction Services
The Addictions Service, part of the Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service, is a multidisciplinary team comprising of nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, medical, and administration staff. It is a collective of skilled professionals that value working in a client and whānau centred manner, including cultural and community connections, to deliver high quality services. The team offers specialist services for adults experiencing addiction and mental health problems with a focus on providing evidenced-based interventions. They strive to create a climate of safety for all, and have recently been found to be one of the most safe and supportive workplaces in Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB). This is a regional service that covers the Kapiti, Porirua, Wellington, and Hutt Valley areas.
You will be:
- Committed to delivering evidence-based practice to assist clients with their mental health and addiction difficulties
- Able to develop your skills to deliver individual and group therapies, offer supervision, consult with other teams and services, and produce sound neuropsychological and psychological assessments and treatment plans.
- Conduct effective assessment and treatment planning.
- Deliver evidence-based therapies to individuals and groups.
- Consult with other teams and services.
- Conduct neuropsychological assessments and treatment plans.
- Supervise psychologists and other disciplines.
- Engage and thrive as part of a vibrant MDT.
- Develop and facilitate in-service and external training.
Skills and experience
- New Zealand Registered Clinical Psychologist.
- Previous experience of working in the Mental Health and Addiction sector, and evidence of competency in this specialist area is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate well to a wide variety of people.
Our service values quality addiction treatment and care that is client-centred, inclusive of whanau, and improves the quality of our cultural and community connections. We have a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about assisting the clients we work with.
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region and access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes.
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 5,100 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Rongo.Patel@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: AHMH57-19
Location: Wellington Community
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 August 2019