Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Community Justice Liaison Nurse - Palmerston North
Our Regional Youth Forensic Service, Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) is looking for a full time Registered Nurse who has experience in Forensic and Mental Health. This position is based in Palmerston North, but travel to Whanganui and Levin is required. The work scope is within the court setting, liaising with CYF’s, Police and CAMHS, as well as other agencies. It is desirable that the applicants have an understanding of the CP (MIP) act and the Mental Health Act. Experience working with youth within the mental health sector is an advantage.
- Attend Palmerston North Youth Court, Levin Youth Court and Whanganui Youth Court to screen all young offenders
- Assist with coverage in Te Au Rere A Te Tonga Youth Justice Residence when required
- Offer court liaison between different agencies such as Oranga Tamariki, Police, Justice and Education
- Assist with allocating referrals and court reports
- Screen and triage young offenders who have not been in court yet and liaise with other agencies such as CAMHS
- Attend meetings relating to the Regional Youth Forensic Service including a fortnightly Youth MDT.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current practising certificate
- On the proficient level of the nurses career pathway
- Experience working in mental health and/or forensics
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Full drivers Licence
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Te Ao Maori
Capability development is a high priority for Capital & Coast DHB (CCDHB). The Learning and Development Centre is on site in Porirua. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym and use of low-cost holiday homes.
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Maria.Campbell@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: NMMH28-19
Location: Manawatu, Wanganui
Closing Date: Friday, 30 August 2019