Consultant Psychiatrist - Youth Alcohol & Other Drug/Co-existing Problems
We are seeking an enthusiastic Psychiatrist with experience of working with youth who experience mental health and substance misuse issues, to be part of the establishment of a new specialist service. The focus of the service will be to support the practice of a range of primary care and specialist services in their work with young people with co-existing mental health and substance use problems. This is an ideal opportunity to be at the forefront of service development as we seek to establish and support a network of services for the youth of the greater Wellington area. Ideally you will have worked in youth psychiatry and have strong and demonstrable interest in addiction medicine.
- Develop a new specialist service to support primary care and specialist services in their work with young people who experience co-existing mental health and substance misuse/dependence issues
- Provision of specialist assessment and treatment advice to support the capability of primary care and specialist service clinicians in their work with young people
- Provision of limited specialist assessment and treatment to young people with complex co-existing mental health and substance use issues.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vocationally registered psychiatrist with Medical Council of NZ to practise as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Have an addictions medicine qualification or working towards one
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes and use of two low-cost holiday homes.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email: email@example.com
Job no: SMOMH2-18
Location: Wellington Community, Wellington Hospital
Closing Date: Friday, 9 March 2018