Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Dietitian - Regional Forensic & Rehab & ID
Tane Mahuta at Ratonga Rua O Porirua is part of the Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service, MHAIDS 3 DHB which covers the central region from Tairawhiti on the East Coast across to Wanganui and south to Wellington and Wairarapa. It encompasses Central Regional Forensic inpatient and community services, Youth Forensic Service, Inpatient Rehabilitation and Extended Care Services, and Intellectual Disability Services. Located about 20 minutes away from central Wellington, in Porirua, the Regional Rehabilitation units provide consumers with specialised care with a focus on recovery and rehabilitation in both secure and open settings.
Our Regional Forensic & Rehabilitation & Intellectual Disability Service are wanting a Dietitian, with demonstrated in-depth knowledge and skills to enable management of complex presentations. You will:
- Be responsible for providing clinical leadership for less experienced practitioners and team members, therefore assisting in developing the clinical capability of others
- Will provide dietetic services to long-term clients with mental health and/or intellectual disability conditions in a hospital setting on the Kenepuru-Porirua Campus.
This role will be in Purehurehu, Rangipapa, Tane Mahuta, Tawhirimatea, Haumietiketike, ID Cottages, Hikitia Te Wairua and Nga Taiohi units and will include group education, individual consultation and nutrition care planning, and outpatient services. This role will to determine their nutrition knowledge and skills and scope what teaching and education is required for both staff and clients and food service.
- provide safe and clinically effective client assessment and treatment
- work with and alongside other health professionals
- to build a healthy eating environment on the Ratonga Rua o-Porirua and Kenepuru campus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- NZ Registered Dietitian with current annual practicing certificate (with prescribing endorsement)
- Member of Dietitians New Zealand – Professional Association (desirable)
- At least 2 years’ experience of working as a Dietitian in an acute hospital or community setting
- Experience of working with people with Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes
- Experience of working with different cultures and knowledge of traditional foods
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 5,100 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Anna.Kempthorne@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: AHMH50-19
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Closing Date: Monday, 5 August 2019