Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Director of Consumer Involvement MHAIDS 3DHB
An opportunity as arisen for a Director of Consumer involvement for the Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) 3DHB.
The Director of Consumer Involvement (DoCI) is accountable to the General Manager for effective and efficient delivery of consumer involvement of all services within MHAIDS 3DHB. You will assist and support the Executive Leadership by providing specialist advice on specified workforce priorities that will enhance the delivery of effective health services to our population. This is a 3 DHB role and travel is expected.
Some key priorities are:
- Providing Professional leadership, direction and support to the Consumer Advisors and professional/advisory and other support staff, ensuring there is a consumer perspective to deliver high quality, efficient and effective services to the relevant population.
- Ensuring appropriate forecasting is aligned with requirements of the MHAIDS 3DHB.
- Fostering innovation in MHAIDS operational services and prevention of illness and disability for members of the community.
- Building effective strategic alliances and partnerships with stakeholder sectors and groups to strengthen services and improve health outcomes.
- Participate as a member of the MHAIDS 3DHB Leadership Group assisting the General Manager in developing existing and new services; designing/developing/implementing infrastructure for the delivery of new services.
- Ensuring links with local consumer groups are maintained and foster the team to provide good service provision and decision making that ensure local issues for consumers in each DHB, which can be very different, are well understood by clinicians and managers to respond to these appropriately.
- Active member of the Quality and Patient Safety Group and assisting with Serious Adverse event reviews (minimum 2 per year).
- Being actively in contact with and supporting the planning and funding services across the 3DHB where needed.
- Extensive knowledge and perspective of Mental Health, Addictions &/or Intellectual Disability service delivery from a consumer perspective (lived experience)
- Experience with Family/whanau movement e.g., links with family/whanau
- Previously operated within a complex environment, including meeting the needs of multiple competing demands at the same time
- Proven successful experience in managing internal/external relationships with an assortment of stakeholders, with demonstrated leadership success in building relationships and gaining the support and participation of key individuals and groups
- Demonstrated ability to find common ground and problem solving
- Computer literacy in particular using Microsoft package
- Excellent communication skills
- Understand and respect of the Treaty
- Previous Health experience working in a DHB is desired
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Carla.Nahr@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: SSMH10-19
Location: Porirua Community, Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 August 2019