Health Care Assistant - Psychogeriatric Service
The Psychogeriatric Service is predominantly a community based service with a 16 bed specialist inpatient unit located on the Kenepuru campus. We work as a multi-disciplinary team to provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to people with:
- A recent onset functional illness.
- An organic illness at the extreme end with features of BPSD (behavioural and psychological symptoms of Dementia).
We also provide a 24 hour multi-disciplinary assessment and treatment service in our inpatient unit. As part of the inpatient service we provide liaison service for general Kenepuru Hospital wards regarding treatment, management and placement of their patients. We work collaboratively with our colleagues in the spirit of providing a seamless service for the Older Adult. We are currently the only over 65 years of age service with CCDHB. We are seeking a part time (32 hours, possibly more) Health Care Assistant to be part of our collaborative health care team.
- Be a highly motivated person who has a passion for working with older people.
- Work under direction and/or delegation of a Registered Nurse.
- Contribute to the successful operation of the nursing team.
- Be able to work as part of a MDT and willing to be flexible in your approach.
- Have a NZQA qualification in health disability and aged care support core competencies or equivalent.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email: Lauren.Swan@ccdhb.org.nz.
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua, Porirua Community
Closing Date: Monday, 23 October 2017