Mental Health/Addictions Professional - Nursing, OT, Social Worker, Psychologist, AOD
We are seeking two enthusiastic Mental Health/Addictions professionals - Nursing, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Psychologist, AoD/co-existing disorders clinician, Youth Alcohol and Other Drugs / Co-existing Problems - with experience of working with youth who experience mental health and substance misuse issues, to be part of the establishment of a new specialist service. The focus of the service will be to support the practice of a range of primary care and specialist services in their work with young people with co-existing mental health and substance use problems. This is an ideal opportunity to be at the forefront of service development as we seek to establish and support a network of services for the youth of the greater Wellington area. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in project work or in the setting up of new services. Ideally you will have worked youth mental health and/or substance misuse and have strong and demonstrable interest/competency in mental health and addictions practice.
- Develop a new specialist service to support primary care and specialist services in their work with young people who experience co-existing mental health and substance misuse/dependence issues
- Provision of specialist assessment and treatment advice to support the capability of primary care and specialist service clinicians in their work with young people
- Provision of limited specialist assessment and treatment to young people with complex co-existing mental health and substance use issues.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered Health Professional with a Mental Health and OR Addictions scope of practice.
- At least 5 years post graduate practice in youth mental health or substance misuse service
- Project work or experience in establishment of new services would be good to have
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes and use of two low-cost holiday homes.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email: Ray.McEnhill@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: AHMH4-18
Location: Wellington Community, Wellington Hospital
Closing Date: Friday, 9 March 2018