Mental Health Professional - ICAFS
Our very successful Multisystemic Therapy team based within the Intensive Clinical Service, Infant, Child, Adolescent and Family Service (ICAFS) has an exciting opportunity for you to join them.
We are looking for a special kind of person. The position as a Multisystemic therapist is both extremely challenging and rewarding and MST is at the forefront of successful evidenced based programmes that target anti social behaviours of young people aged between 10-17 years who reside at home with family, extended family or long term caregivers. The position targets the behaviours of the young person via empowering the family as a whole to regain control over their lives. Much of the work is working alongside the parents/caregivers, extended family, school and other significant people in their lives.
- Be committed to strengths based practice and have boundless energy
- Be flexible – (much of the work will be conducted out of hours), resilient, willing to travel within the greater Wellington region and be able to fulfill the requirements of being rostered on call
- Have a sound understanding of behavioural therapy and similar therapeutic models of treatment, adolescent development, and understand the emotional and social issues facing young people and their families today
- Also have a strong sense of community and enjoy this approach to therapy. This is vital as MST therapy is all conducted within the home and community of the young person and their families/caregivers
- Have a sense of humour, a willingness to want to work with some of the most marginalized families in our society and a desire to go that extra mile (essential)
- Have New Zealand registration under the HPCA, a current practicing certificate and a current driver’s license
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email email@example.com
Job no: AHHT4-18
Location: Hutt Valley, Porirua Community, Wellington Community, Wellington Hospital
Closing Date: Monday, 2 April 2018