Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Mental Health Professional - PCMHT
Are you passionate about participating in people’s mental health and addiction recovery, well organised and keen to be part of a very dedicated group of professionals? The Porirua Community Mental Health Team have a vacancy for a motivated and enthusiastic registered mental health professional to join their integrated multi-disciplinary team.
You will work with an experienced team who strive to provide high quality care to consumer’s/tangata whaiora that access mental health and addiction services. This is an opportunity to develop competencies in mental health treatment in a supportive and positive learning environment. We offer an exciting work environment, the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings and provide support with on-going professional development.
- Undertake comprehensive assessments and risk management plans
- Formulate & articulate treatment needs & plans
- Provide individual/group counselling
- Liaise with other health providers, NGOs, PHOs social and government agencies to facilitate care and treatments for service users
- Case manage & coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Professional registration and practising certificate - occupational therapist, social worker, or registered nurse
- Excellent clinical skills
- Full Drivers Licence
- Proven experience in working with people with Mental and Addiction health issues
- Demonstrated competence in communicating with a wide range of people, leading meetings and documenting outcomes and plans
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 5,100 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply:
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email Martin.Quinn@ccdhb.org.nz
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: AHMH33-19
Location: Porirua Community
Closing Date: Friday, 28 June 2019