Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Nurses-Forensic Intellectual/Learning Disability
Intellectual (Learning) Disability (ID) Forensic Services is part of the 3 DHB Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service Directorate and comprises of adult, youth and community services. About the service.
There is an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join our ID (Learning Disability) inpatient services - based in Porirua, Wellington and consisting of:
- Haumietiketike- the adult inpatient service for offenders with an Intellectual Disability,
- The Cottages- an adult step down unit for people transitioning out of the hospital level and back to the community
- Hikitia Te Wairua - the national intellectual disability secure forensic youth unit which is co-located with the Youth Acute Inpatient Mental Health Inpatient Unit (Rangatahi) and the National Secure Youth Forensic Unit in the Centre of Excellence at Kenepuru Hospital.
The aim of the Service is to be a leader in the delivery of ID inpatient services. Our ID services are currently going through a period of investment and change, with the introduction of a new service delivery model and a new model of care.Now is an exciting time to join the service to be part of the changes and to influence what the future looks like for this client group.
For the right candidate the Service will offer:
- A competitive salary package
- The opportunity to extend your experience and career
- Access to ongoing professional development and education including an excellent Professional Development Recognition Plan that has financial incentives attached to it, and a well-established modern learning and development centre with state-or-the-art equipment to support professional development for all of our staff.
- A progressive goal orientated work environment within a rehabilitation framework.
- A friendly supportive team to work alongside
We are seeking experienced ID/ Mental Health nurses who have:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Post registration education/learning and experience relevant to the specialty area of intellectual disability/learning disability and/or mental health
- An understanding of a forensic inpatient setting.
- Registration with New Zealand Nursing Council.
- Met police vetting requirements
- A current practising certificate.
- A full NZ driving licence.
We are keen to hear from UK Learning Disability qualified nurses interested in moving to NZ. The process for overseas applicants involves:
- Interview IELTS (Academic) - this takes time & needs preparation (therefore ideally should be passed before an interview)
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Immigration: Applicants should FIRST establish their eligibility for registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand & Immigration New Zealand.
If you are an experienced General /Comprehensive trained nurse interested in moving to the ID sector we are also able to discuss development and education opportunities that will assist you in making this transition.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries or would like to discuss career opportunities with the ID Service please email: Jenny.Barker@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: NMMH27-19
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua, Porirua Community
Closing Date: Sunday, 15 September 2019