Occupational Therapist - TWA
Te Whare Ahuru (TWA), our acute inpatient mental health unit at Hutt Hospital has a dynamic and enthusiastic team with a passion for providing specialist services and treatment to acutely unwell services users / tangata whaiora. As the ideal candidate you will support service users / tangata whaiora to identify their strengths, goals and aspirations, and advocate within the multi-disciplinary team for inclusion of these crucial factors in care management that supports recovery and a confident return to the community.
This role is 24 hours a week and the days are negotiable.
- Oversee and help further develop a robust therapeutic ward programme. There is plenty of room to bring your own ideas and implement them.
- Be interested in working in an acute mental health inpatient setting.
- Be an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist focused on recovery based principles
- Want to support service users/tangata whaiora to identify and participate in recovery focussed activity in group and individual settings.
- Be registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of NZ and have a current APC
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format.
If you have queries, please email Peter.Coombes@huttvalleydhb.org.nz
Location: Hutt Valley
Closing Date: Thursday, 2 November 2017