Registered Nurses - Intellectual Disability
Intellectual Disability (ID) Forensic Services is part of the 3 DHB Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service Directorate. It has adult, youth and community services.
There is an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join our ID inpatient services - based in Porirua, Wellington. ID Services’ inpatient services consist of Haumietiketike which is an 11 bed regional adult intellectual disability secure forensic unit. Located next to Haumietiketike are the Cottages that have a total of eight adult rehabilitation beds. In addition the ID Inpatient services includes Hikitia Te Wairua which is the national intellectual disability secure forensic youth unit which has a total of six beds. Hikitia Te Wairua is co-located with the Youth Acute Inpatient Mental Health Inpatient Unit (Rangatahi) and the National Secure Youth Forensic Unit in the Centre of Excellence at Kenepuru Hospital.
You will have:
- Post registration education/learning and experience relevant to the specialty area of intellectual disability and/or mental health
- Worked in the MDT providing forensic medium secure services within a framework of clinical governance, offering assessment & treatment
- To undergo a police vetting process
- Knowledge of intellectual disability (an advantage)
- Experience in the mental health area.
- An understanding of a clinical inpatient setting.
- Registration with New Zealand Nursing Council.
- A current practising certificate.
- A full NZ driving licence.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email: Trish.Davis@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: NMMH5-18
Location: Wellington Community
Closing Date: open