Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Registered Nurses - Ra Uta
We are recruiting Registered Nurses to new positions with our inpatient team at Te Whare Ra Uta, Mental Health Service Older Persons (MHSOP). This is a multi-disciplinary team, predominantly a community based service with a 16 bed specialist inpatient unit located on the Kenepuru Hospital campus.
MHSOP provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation interventions for older adults experiencing recent onset functional mental ill health and/or behavioural and psychological symptoms secondary to degenerative neurocognitive conditions, primarily dementias & also older adults with complex clinical presentations where specialist assessment is indicated. This services works closely with geriatric medicine and other mental health services across 3DHB.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, competent registered nurses with experience of working with older adults experiencing mental health challenges and who possess the willingness to learn and an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Join an established team of nursing clinicians and assume responsibility for direction and delegation within a person centred model of care
- Have sound clinical assessment skills and experience of managing client care needs drawing on nursing process, theoretical models and evidence based
- Be committed to supporting and promoting an environment that maximises patient’s safety, potential for independence, optimal health and quality of life
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to support therapeutic relationships with clients and whanau, nursing colleagues and interprofessional communication to achieve positive outcomes
- Current nursing registration
- Relevant experience in care of older adults preferable with a background in mental health
- Post grad qualification in mental health i.e. NESP
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries or want a role description please email: Helen.Richardson2@ccdhb.org.nz
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: NMMH47-18
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 December 2018