Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Social Worker - Forensic Community
Our Forensic Community Team is looking for an experienced Social Worker that can provide safe and clinically effective patient/client assessments and intervention, within a forensic mental health setting. You will work alongside a team that provides effective, quality social work services to clients within the Forensic Inpatient Units and out in the community. You will also provide consultation/liaison with other DHB mental health services, NGO providers and patient’s family and whanau & actively participate in the multidisciplinary team.
- Provide effective, quality social work services to forensic clients
- Actively participate in the multidisciplinary team
- Provide comprehensive assessments and plan treatment collaboratively with the client and their Whanau
- Be actively involved in the treatment and recovery of clients
- Role model and provide sound clinical and cultural considerations in the multidisciplinary team process
- Assist the client and their family and whanau to achieve optimal health, well-being and safety through provision of appropriate assessments, treatments, rehabilitation and education
- Work closely with community agencies to achieve the outcomes agreed by the multidisciplinary team process
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- NZ registered Social Worker with a current annual practicing certificate
- Minimum of 2-5 years clinical experience
- Active involvement in the professional development pathway
- Commitment and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and a willingness to work positively in improving health outcomes
- Current full NZ driver’s license
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB.
HOW TO APPLYApplications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email Maria.Campbell@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: AHMH13-19
Location: Porirua Community
Closing Date: Sunday, 2 June 2019