Social Worker - Intellectual Disability
Intellectual Disability (ID) Forensic Services is part of the 3 DHB Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service Directorate. It has adult, youth and community services. This is made up of: Haumietiketike which is a regional intellectual disability secure forensic unit which has 11 beds. The Cottages have a total of eight beds and are located next to Haumietiketike which is on the Ratonga-Rua-o-Porirua campus in Porirua. In addition the ID Inpatient services includes Hikitia Te Wairua which is the national intellectual disability secure forensic youth unit which has 6 beds. Hikitia Te Wairua is co-located with the Youth Acute Inpatient Mental Health Inpatient Unit (Rangatahi) and the National Secure Youth Forensic Unit in the Centre of Excellence at Kenepuru Hospital.
The purpose of the role is for the social worker to provide safe and clinically effective patient/client assessment and intervention, within a specific clinical area with in-depth knowledge and skills. The role is Monday-Friday.
- Be experienced in providing assessments and risk management plans, formulating and articulating treatment needs and plans.
- Be able to coordinate and prioritise referrals.
- Ideally have intellectual disability or mental health and addiction experience.
- Be registered with the Social Workers Registration Board
- Consent to a police vetting process under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014
- Knowledge of intellectual disability an advantage
- At least 2 years of relevant clinical experience.
- Have an understanding of a clinical inpatient setting.
- Registration with Social Workers Registration Board of New Zealand.
- A current practising certificate
- Full drivers licence
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email Trish.Davis@ccdhb.org.nz
Location: Porirua Community
Closing Date: Tuesday, 24 October 2017