Social Worker - Rangatahi
An opportunity has arisen to practise and enhance your social work skills at the Regional Rangatahi Adolescent Inpatient Service.
The Rangatahi unit based at Kenepuru Hospital provides services to the Central Region DHBs from Tairawhati, through Hawke’s Bay, to the Hutt and Capital & Coast. We are a bicultural service based on kaupapa Maori frameworks.
You need to:
- Be an experienced NZ registered Social Worker & practice using your expertise and knowledge.
- Be creative, innovative thinking and problem solving and apply best practice models of care.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated and skilled in developing relationships with a variety of other professionals
- Have an advanced understanding of adolescent mental health together with awareness of the dynamics that an inpatient setting can bring.
Although we are looking for a full time post there may be an opportunity for a part time position depending upon skills and qualifications. Having further training and qualifications in Family Therapy would be an advantage.
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued. Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes and use of two low-cost holiday homes.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please contact Philip.Yearley@ccdhb.org.nz
Permanent/Full Time, Permanent/Part Time
Job no: AHMH8-18
Location: Kenepuru Hospital/Porirua
Closing Date: Friday, 30 March 2018