Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Forensic Coordination Service -Northern Region
The Forensic Coordination Service (FSC) -Intellectual Disability (ID) is seeking a Team Leader for their Northern Region covering offices in our Northern and Midland regions.
The Ministry of Health (MoH) funds a framework of interconnected services for service users with and intellectual disability that are placed under the Intellectual Disability (Compulsory Care & Rehabilitation) Act 2003 (IDCC&R). The FSC (ID) is the administrative agency run under contract by Capital and Coast DHB who broker the care for service users whose levels of need for support are so complex they require specialist clinical support and levels of intensive service coordination to manage their support needs and risks. This client group cannot be managed by mainstream disability support services or in less restrictive levels of support. The FSC (ID) also employ staff who fulfil statutory roles under the IDCC&R and appoint others to carry out statutory requirements.
The Team Leader in collaboration with the National Care Coordinator, and National Advisor IDCC&R is responsible and accountable to the National Manager ID for effective and efficient delivery of all coordination services provided within the High and Complex framework. The Team Leader assists and supports the National Manager ID Mental Health Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) 3DHB with strategic planning, service development and implementation initiatives for the MHAID Services across the Northern Region.
- Extensive knowledge and perspective of Intellectual Disability service delivery.
- Operated within a complex environment, including meeting the needs of multiple services at the same time.
- Experience of managing a business / operation effectively.
- Strong mix of strategic and operational skills
- Successful experience leading, managing and developing staff including during times of change
- Successful experience in managing internal and external relationships with an assortment of stakeholders, with demonstrated management success in building relationships
- You will have a qualification relevant to the disability field.
- A relevant tertiary level business qualification or clinical/statutory qualification would be an advantage
- Passionate about supporting people with intellectual disability and complex presentations
- Wanting to make a difference
- Proven experience and knowledge to take a leadership role in the disability sector
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email Raymond.Williamson@ccdhb.org.nz
Job no: SSMH9-19
Closing Date: Sunday, 28 July 2019