Team Leader - Infant, Child, Adolescent & Family Service
We are looking for TWO enthusiastic and experienced mental health professionals (Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker or other health professional with significant mental health experience) to lead the ‘Front Door’ and ‘Partnership’ teams at ICAFS. Both roles are full time.
These are new roles, established as a result of an independent review of ICAFS in 2017. A key outcome of the review is the restructuring of ICAFS, disestablishing the Infant/Child and Youth teams, and establishing a ‘Front Door’ team and a ‘Partnership’ team (team names are still being finalised). Both roles will have a major focus on supporting sustainable implementation of service changes following the review. This is an exciting time to be joining the ICAFS team.
The ‘Front Door’ team (7 FTE approx.) provides all Choice (assessment) appointments and brief individual, family and group interventions for up to two months. They will manage all new acute presentations, in partnership with the Crisis Resolution Service and provide consult liaison within the hospital when needed. The Team Leader, Front Door is a 0.5 FTE role with a further 0.5 FTE clinical work.
The ‘Partnership’ team (19 FTE approx.) provides individual, family and group treatments for infants, children, young people and their families, in an MDT setting, as well as extended assessments as required. The Team Leader, Partnership is a 1.0 FTE leadership role.
- Proven leadership skills, sound clinical judgement and experience working with children, young people and their families
- Skilled in building capacity of others, creating sustainable change and nurturing positive working relationships
- Organised and focused, lead by example, and have the ability to get the best out of others
- Understanding the importance of supporting a team in their clinical work is paramount.
- You will work closely with other senior members of ICAFS, planning and supporting service initiatives to ensure delivery of an excellent secondary mental health service to children and young people in the Hutt Valley
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email: Lucy.Reynolds@huttvalleydhb.org.nz